The field for the Inaugural $101,000 Platinum Homes Taranaki Challenge to be run at Pukekura Raceway this Saturday has been announced.
1. Rick Hill Racing Heliberry
2. Lindsay Racing Prince Jabeel
3. Fortuna Syndications Beltoy
4. Pee Gee Bloodstock Back in a Flash
5. Team Rogerson Sure Bet
6. Ascot Bloodstock Makoura Lodge
7. Sir Patrick & Lady Justine Hogan Ole Ole
8. Kaipikari Thoroughbreds Next Up
9. Connors Racing Torque Time
10. Dominator Doors Play The Field
11. The Oaks Stud Ujumpijump
12. Kamada Racing The Poormanzabeel
13. G Brick Destiny One
14. Platinum Homes Consortium English Gambler
Please note there are still 2 slots yet to advised by 4pm this afternoon.
Club CEO, Carey Hobbs, has been extremely pleased with the promotion the race has gotten. “As a New Zealand first, this sweespstake race has been very well received. We sold the fourteen slots within the first week of announcing the race and the past two weeks or so has been quite exciting listening to trainers who have had the race on their radar.” The race is open to Maiden horses at June 1st, 2018 and many winners since then have been attracted to the race.
Obviously behind the scenes, there have been some intense negotiations between slot holders and prospective horses. Hobbs further commented “the field has amazing depth and should be an extremely popular wagering options”.
Whilst disappointed with the number of nominations for the other feature the ITM Interprovincial, Taranaki Racing is keen to explore options to increase the stake for this race so it can recapture some of its earlier attractiveness to participants. With the Taranaki Challenge and the Interprovincial, this race day is close to ensuring its spot as an end of winter championship race day that the club has been aiming at.